The Farplants Group is one of the largest wholesale supplier of outdoor plants to garden centres and garden centre chains in the UK.
Based on the West Sussex coast near Chichester, our co-operative group has five member growers, each specialising in different plant ranges. From small beginnings in 1972, our group now grows over 11 million plants a year on 70 hectares (170 acres) of covered / outdoor production units with a retail value of over £50 million. We grow over 2000 different varieties and employ up to 500 staff during the peak gardening period through the spring and early summer.
Innovation, marketing, highest quality and in-house plant breeding are core to the success of our business. Many of the best-selling plants sold in garden centres today have their origins in our growers breeding programmes and we continue our work to ensure those great new launches keep coming.
Main Purpose of Role
To support the Key Account Manager in managing and growing sales with multiple large Garden Centre groups.
Working with the Key Account manager to ensure:
- The order administration required for the account is actioned. Including: order processing, product set-up in relation to retail labels, stock codes and pricing.
- Liaising with Stock Control to ensure stock levels are correct to be able to process orders.
- Liaising with customers to make sure all relevant information is sent across to meet customer deadlines.
- Customer specifications are up to date
- Assisting the Key Account Manager in completing any required customer documentation and spreadsheets.
- Weekly phone contact with individual stores to target key products, manage head office allocations and free stock orders
- That credit and shortage claims are dealt with quickly and efficiently
Working to ensure:
- Good relationships are made with each Garden Centre group customer contact.
- Through those good relationships each sales opportunity is explored and maximised
- All orders are processed correctly and in time for despatch deadlines.
- That the customer and our internal colleagues have all the relevant account information required when needed.
- The account is managed in a professional and timely way so that all customer requirements are met as much as possible.
- Fantastic communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with both customers and other internal departments at all levels.
- The ability to sell and encourage positive outcomes.
- Good computer skills including a working knowledge of Excel, Outlook and other MS Office packages.
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly organised individual who can remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain a good attention to detail.
- Friendly with an outgoing personality.
- Some plant knowledge would be beneficial.
Reporting to: Key Account Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5hrs per week, extra hours and Bank holiday working will be required during busy times as needed.