Fleurie Nursery Ltd are currently recruiting for a Horticultural Assistant Operations Manager to join their stable horticultural team based in Eastergate, West Sussex. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a team environment with a well-established and successful wholesale business.
We are a market leading customer focussed organisation who supply high quality plants to the wholesale market. We have a stable team of 30 employees based across 3 Nurseries in West Sussex. We are proud to be part of the Farplants Group and the Tristram Plants Group who are highly regarded in the Industry for their sales and marketing of Horticultural Products.
We are now looking for a Assistant Operations Manager to join the operations team. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Working constructively, efficiently and effectively with the Management team to achieve the company’s goals and requirements.
- Responsible for the training, mentoring and support of staff to ensure company targets are achieved whilst maintaining a good team morale
- Oversee site operations to ensure they are achieved
- Responsible for the planning of all required tasks onsite
- Accountable for the quality of the product grown and despatched, liasing with the Technical and stock control teams
- Ensuring all Health & Safety procedures are followed
- Creating work plans and maximising efficiencies
- Responsible for the Maintenance of the sites including Liaison and management of outside contractors where required.
- Work with the management team to continually review and help develop new operating processes and systems to ensure efficiency of operation.
To be suitable for the role of Assistant Operations Manager you should have experience in:
- Previous experience in high volume manufacturing, ideally in FMCG, Horticulture or similar would be highly beneficial
- Good people management skills
- Good IT Skills, specifically in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Good communication skills
- Reporting output and efficiencies
- The ability to change pace where required to fulfil the tasks in hand
- Industry experience would be ideal, but not essential
On offer is a competitive salary, and a team environment. Please note that the nursery operates 7 days a week and therefore you will be required to participate in a weekend watering / Despatch rota throughout the year , especially in peak season during the months of March to the end of June.
Fleurie Nursery is easily commutable from: Chichester, Bognor Regis, Arundel, West Sussex and the A27 Corridor.
To apply for this position, or for further information, please email Melanie Tellwright: email@example.com