Reporting to: Assistant Technical Managers
Fleurie Nursery strives to be a profitable, market leading, customer-focused business providing high quality products that consistently meet our customer’s expectations. The business aims at all times to maintain a working environment where all employees enjoy working in our business. We are a committed member of the Farplants Group.
We will achieve this by:
- Growing a quality product, in an efficient way, for when our customer wants it and which meets our customer’s expectations at all times.
- Being innovative in the way that we manage and develop the business, providing our customers with new and exciting value for money products and opportunities to develop and grow their business.
- Clear and timely communication within our business and with our customers.
- Creating and maintaining a well trained and motivated workforce in an environment in which everyone working within the business is respected and valued, with a culture in which everyone is able to play an active and constructive part within our business.
- A business wide culture of continual improvement and a can do attitude.
- Trading in an ethical manner.
This role is key to achieving and maintaining our objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Technical Assistant will include;
- To support the assistant technical managers as directed in all aspects of their duties. This will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Identifying pest & disease issues and communicate this according to the agreed procedure.
- Assist on crop walks with the technical, site supervisors and cultural staff
- Be involved with the company integrated crop management programme
- Writing and helping to prepare crop reports and spray treatment reports.
- Support the planning, purchasing and space planning of crops.
- Aid in the management of young plants suppliers, including ordering, checking of quality control information from the sites, liaising with the admin team about delivery quantities and co-ordinate the communications with the suppliers to rectify any problems.
- Help prepare for BOPP, LEAF and any other industry or customer specific protocols.
- Update and maintain company policies, procedures and other system documentation as directed.
- Aid in the review of technical and quality systems.
- Support the New product development program of the business.
- Maintain and manage data so as to get the most accurate, relevant, up to date information to achieve business objectives and targets.
- Identify areas of staff training and development in areas managed by the technical team.
- Participate and prepare for all agreed company meetings.
- To be fully conversant with and follow the company Health and Safety Policy and to advise the Operation Manager of any breaches or safety issues as soon as they come to light.
- To carry out other tasks that the company may reasonably expect to be done and that are within the capabilities of the Technical Assistant role on any of the sites that belongs to or is managed by the business or another Farplants Group member.
To apply for this position, or for further information, please email Melanie Tellwright: firstname.lastname@example.org