We are currently recruiting for a Despatch Department Leader (Horticulture) to work in our busy finishing centre based in West Sussex.
Farplants is one of the largest wholesale supplier of plants to the garden centre market, based near Chichester the cooperative group of nurseries grows over 11 million plants a year. Our finishing centre based in Barnham is responsible for the distribution of plants throughout the UK and on a busy day this could be over 20,000 customer orders.
We now have an opportunity to join our team as a Despatch Department Leader covering the day shift pattern.
As Despatch Department Leader your responsibilities will include:
- Looking after the packing, wrapping and despatch operation
- Ensure the plants meet the required quality standards
- Being responsible for 18 staff, including the section leader
- Driving productivity targets and ensuring the team are all working efficiently
To be suitable for the role of Despatch Department Leader you should have:
- Experience within a fast moving production / packing or despatch environment
- Ideally experience of FMCG or horticulture or similar
- Proven team leadership skills
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
On offer is a competitive salary, plus benefits.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org