We are currently recruiting for a Production Manager (Horticulture) to work in our busy finishing centre based in West Sussex.
Farplants is one of the largest wholesale supplier of plants to the garden centre market, based near Chichester the cooperative group of nurseries grows over 11 million plants a year. Our finishing centre based in Barnham is responsible for the distribution of plants throughout the UK and on a busy day this could be over 20,000 customer orders.
We now have an opportunity to join our team as a Production Manager (Horticulture) to cover the 2pm to 10pm shift in peak season and the day shift the rest of the year.
As Production Manager your responsibilities will include:
- To plan and manage all production activities and staff within the Finishing Centre (FC) to ensure that customer orders and products are processed, picked and despatched on time, in full and to the correct quality standards.
- Spending time on the shop floor to ensure performance standards are met
- Manage the team which includes: Goods In, Production, Despatch and Quality
To be suitable for the role of Production Manager you should have:
- Experience within a fast moving production / packing or despatch environment
- Ideally experience of FMCG or horticulture or similar
- Proven management skills
On offer is a competitive salary, plus benefits.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org